Summer in Morton Grove can tend to bring with it some scorching hot days and the possibility for some unkind cooling bills. What if we told you there’s a way to dodge that costly energy spike in the summer? A solar air conditioner can keep you cool all summer without costing you a fortune in utility costs. In fact, it can save so much that it’ll pay for itself in a quick few years. After that, all that savings goes straight into your wallet. So, what is solar-ready air conditioning? A solar-ready air conditioner is basically a traditional air conditioner that utilizes solar power. Solar panels, like those in the Lennox® SunSource® Home Energy System, collect the sun’s radiant energy and routes it to the air conditioner after it’s been converted to electrical current. The solar energy that’s generated is first used to heat and cool your home. Energy that’s gathered but not needed by your air conditioner can be taken advantage of to power electronics and small appliances, and if energy is remaining, it can potentially be sold back to your utility company. So, how might you know if solar-ready air conditioning is a good option for you? Consider these questions and, if your answers are mostly “yes,” give iTemp Heating and Air Conditioning a call today to get started with solar power:
- Do you have an area to put solar panels that receives unobstructed sunlight?
- Is this area large enough to house solar panels?
- Are there any local laws that would prohibit you from benefitting from solar panels?
- Up to 9% of the total retail cost* of the solar-ready air conditioner, when solar modules are applied.
- 30% of the cost with no upper limit on solar module installation.**