In Morton Grove you count on your furnace to keep you comfortable throughout the colder months. If it’s been a while since you had a routine maintenance appointment for your heat pump, you could be preparing for furnace repair visit any day. At the very least, you might have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and impact your furnace’s performance. It could even cause issues with your furnace’s control switch, which works furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some symptoms for you to look for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in a professional, like iTemp Heating and Air Conditioning, if you notice any of these symptoms:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it working all the time? Is the air blowing through as easily as it should, or does it seem weak? Signs related to your blower could indicate a bit of a problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a issue with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too small for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, along with other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating loudly or generating noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You certainly don’t want to mess around with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace right away and cut off its gas supply. Get around lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Many times this is a obstructed condensation line. This could need both plumbing and HVAC pros to fix.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a number of complications. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call iTemp Heating and Air Conditioning at 773-704-0640 or use our online scheduler when you need to arrange repairs or annual maintenance.